Friday, August 31, 2007

Emergency...Gotta Go!

It's been such a long time since I've blogged, you were all probably thinking I had given up on the whole blogging thing, but no such luck--yall will have to continue reading about all the cute things my babies do and sadly, without pictures! I'm trying to work on getting some pics, maybe this weekend I'll borrow a camera for purposes of blogging!

So anyway, down to business! Gosh there's been so much that I don't even know where to start! Well, Requay is repeating most everything that we tell her too now, I'll tell her, "tell Daddy good-night" and she'll say "nite-nite" and then I'll tell her "tell Daddy I love you" and she'll say "uv u" and usually when you ask her to repeat something she gets her point across! She's so cute trying to talk and all! She's also gotten into this little thing about putting on extra clothes or shoes, the other night she had her PJ's on and then proceeded to put on a pair of Jonah's little undies. The only problem was, not just that she had them on over her PJ's, but that she had both legs in one leg hole of Jonah's undies! She could barely walk!! It was funny! She'll also put on shoes, hers, Jonah's, mine, Jason's, whoever's shoes are there! So sometimes, she'll walk up to you in Jonah's spider-man shoes or my slip on sandals like there's nothing going on and like she's saying, "hey, what's up?" It's especially funny to watch her attempt to walk in shoes that do not fit her little feet........

[ I started blogging all of this Friday morning and then about 7:40am, the daycare called me and told me that Baby Girl had gotten hurt and had gone unconscious and that they had called EMS. Well, that's all I heard and told them that I'd be on my way, so I just took off without looking back or without finishing my blog! So, I'll finish the fun part of the blogging another time and let you know about Requay.]

So, the daycare called and off I went, I called Jason on my way (oh I also called my manager to tell him that I had just left and hadn't told anyone except my best neighbor, Nita) so I told Jason that I was on my way to the daycare because Baby Sister had fallen and EMS was there, well, as I was talking to Jason the EMS driver beeped in (my cell has call waiting--isn't that cool!) and told me that Requay had been loaded into the ambulance and they were on their way to the new children's hospital and to meet them there. They said that Baby Girl was doing fine and that I could call as many times as I wanted until I saw her. So I called Jason and told him to meet us at the hospital. I was frantic and worried because even though the EMS driver told me that she was fine, I still needed to see for myself and wanted to be there with her!

Well, Jason and I must have driven like maniacs because we got there before the ambulance.....of course, we were closer to the hospital than the ambulance and we drive faster than the ambulance driver (hee hee), so we waited for the ambulance to arrive at the hospital. When the ambulance got to the hospital, I got to hold my scared little baby! She seemed ok but just a little shaken up not knowing who these EMS people were or why she was not at school. The doctors looked her over and they ran a cat scan on her cute little head to make sure there was no bleeding. Everything came back fine and we were released from the hospital a little before lunch. Whew.....what a relief!

Oh, so what exactly happened to Baby Sister that caused us to miss work and make a trip to the hospital? Well, apparently another little girl, Elizabeth according to Jonah, pushed Requay off of a chair and Requay fell back hitting her head on the tile floor and that caused her to go unconscious! Jason and I have both talked to the director since this happened, and we understand that accidents happen; however, this little girl was asked to not return to the daycare, so apparently, this little incident wasn't the first!

Requay is doing fine now, she did have a little knot and bruise on her forehead but it's long gone now, but we went home after the whole hospital ordeal and her and I rested the afternoon away! We were "desausted!"

No comments: