Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friday Night Lights

It's Sunday morning already and I haven't run, but I am blogging!

Let's see....so Friday night when I got home from work, Josh and Jonah were still at the house and apparently doing well! We were out of food, but that's ok because we can get more! Josh and Jonah played all day long.....I guess.....anytime I asked what they did, they would both respond with "Nothing." SO, all I have to blog on is what I actually saw.....

When Requay and I got home Friday night, Josh and Jonah went outside to play ball (baseball). Well, I don't think Josh knew that Jonah didn't know how to catch the ball because after a few minutes of playing "catch," Jonah was crying! Apparently Josh threw the ball and it hit Jonah in the face (he is so much like his Mommy). Jonah was fine.....so they decided to put that ball away and play with the kickball instead! That one doesn't hurt as bad if it hits you in the face (I know from experience.) After they played kickball for a while, they went to the park. Jonah rode his bike. I think Jonah liked having a "big brother".....you know a while back, he had asked that the next time we get a new baby, that we get him a "big brother".....Jason and I didn't really know how to respond to that!

Aunt Kimby dropped by on her way back thru and got to see Josh and the kids for a while. She did however get upset when Requay would, happily and without resistance, let Josh hold her, but she wouldn't let her Aunt Kimby hold her. I told Kimberly that maybe it was because Josh didn't smell like icky smoke! :o) After Aunt Kimby left we fed Josh again....Jason went to pick us up hamburgers from this little place that makes the good greasy kind! Poor Josh ate his in like 3 minutes--I knew he was hungry even though when I asked he would tell me "no ma'am". Such a respectful young man.....Good job Sara and Martin! (Oh and before I forget, Sara, I'm gonna need to borrow that book that tells you how to make them that respectful!)

Jonah slept with Josh again in the living room Friday night, but they were both watching their own movies on separate DVD's! Josh was watching "Varsity Blues" on the TV in the living room and Jonah was watching "Robots" on the little portable DVD in the living room with Josh! As long as Josh was in the room, Jonah was right there! I kept expecting Jonah to be dragging his little mat and pillow back into our room where he normally sleeps, but he didn't......he slept both nights away from his Mommy! :o(

No comments: