Well, we were planning on heading South because Dad is becoming an acolyte (the step before he officially becomes a deacon!) this weekend, but we had a change of plans. I'm pretty sure Jonah is completely fine with the changes though......
Jonah's godparents, Sara and Martin, planned to be down for a softball tournament that Rubi, their daughter, is playing in, BUT Josh, Rubi's big brother, son of Sara and Martin, and "hero" of Jonah, wasn't gonna be able to make the trip because Sara and Rubi were staying in a hotel with other Moms and daughters of the team! SO, I suggested to Sara that they bring Josh and he could come stay with us until Saturday.
We met Sara and Josh midway and Josh came home with us last night! Jonah and Josh were in the very back seat of the suburban having "guy time" on our way home! Jonah was non-stop talking the whole way home....not really sure if Josh was able to get a word in edgewise! Jonah was SO excited!!! When we got home, Jason, Jonah and Josh played PlayStation (Requay was just too wiped out to stay up with those silly boys playing games...so she went to bed. Well, that and the fact that she got a bit fussy..... we put her to bed.) So anyway, the "boys" were playing games and at one point Jonah came into our bedroom and "tattled" on his Dad--he told me "Daddy isn't letting me play with Josh". It was so funny hearing Jonah "tell" on his Daddy for taking his "Josh time" away! When it was time for bed, Josh and Jonah slept in the living room and the rest of us left the house at our usual time....leaving the sleeping boys in the living room! Snoring! Josh and Jonah stayed home today to "hang out" and play together!
(The day's almost over and I haven't even called to check up on the boys...I figured someone would have already called if something happened. Right?)
And Josh is just THE nicest teenager (not to mention handsome) that I've been around in a long time (not that I hang out with teenagers or anything). Josh didn't mind at all spending time "babysitting" a 4-year old! I just hope that some of Josh's good qualities rub off on Jonah! Think that may be an on-going prayer request!
TENTATIVE PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND:
Friday night: Hang out, Aunt Kimby may drop by and try to run a few miles
Saturday: Be at the airport to pick up Martin around 8 AMish, then drive everyone to where Rubi's games are and spend the day with Sara, Martin, and the girl's softball team!
Sunday: Run a few more miles, go to church and "VEG" for the remainder of the day
So until I get to blog again......Hope all my readers have a great weekend! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment