Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kindergarten Blues

Well today is day 3 for Kindergarten and we had to "call in sick" from school and work! Jonah came home yesterday saying that his "tummy hurt" and that he was tired....I figured the being tired was contributing to the "tummy ache" since he'd been SO excited about school that he hadn't been sleeping well lately and that he may be already trying to get out of having to go to school. So I gave Jonah a bath immediately after getting the kiddos home in case he did fall asleep, he would at least already be bathed! Then he started having to run to the bathroom having to poop--it was all water and he couldn't even make it to the bathroom "on time" if you know what I mean. Well, then I just felt bad that I had even begun to think that Jonah just didn't want to go to school.

Needless to say, I didn't send Jonah to school today because of his little tummy issues that he is still suffering from. He's been eating all the good constipating foods that they [and by "they" I mean the people who I guess study what foods will help with diarrhea--what kind of job do they have?] Anyway, he's eaten very little but I'm making sure he drinks milk and is staying hydrated. I'm sure he probably just picked up a little bug at school, but say a little prayer for him and his little bum. (He did ask me to go to the store for some Charmin!)

As for Jonah's second day of school, he says it went well. Daycare picked him up and I had been so concerned that they would forget him or lose him or something and planned on calling to begin harassing the daycare driver beginning around 2:30, but as God works in his mysterious ways, I had lost track of time at work dealing with clients that by the time I realized it (and Delana came to see how daycare pick-up had gone) it was already 3:15!!! I had missed the opportunity of harassment!! I called daycare and they had just gotten to school and Jonah was safe and sound--and yall were all worried and losing sleep over Jonah riding in the daycare vans!

So here we are, at home Jonah and I dealing with little tummy/bum issues on his 3rd day of Kindergarten. I'm hoping he'll be better to go to school tomorrow, but if he's still running to the bathroom like he was all day today, we may be here again tomorrow too! But we did practice his letters and writing his name and stuff, so I'm making sure that just because he's at home sick, he's not missing out on school stuff too!

Well, that's about it for now....I haven't sent out the website for Mr. Wayne's class because there have been no updates yet, but I will send it and if I don't, shoot me an email to remind me! Happy reading and until later...... :o)

2 comments:

The Lemleys said...

I was wondering where you were. Hope he's all better now.

D

blog_meg said...

Your kids are going to be so glad to read all this someday!