WOW! How lucky are you, my fellow blog readers??!! More blogging on the same day! I think it may be a world record, you know like Michael Phelps! Anyway, I figured I'd better do a little tonight since I'll probably be "working" tomorrow!
So, Jonah's first day of Kindergarten went fabulous--he made new friends, caught up with old ones, aka: Jonathan, and according to him had a good day! I was promptly there at the front of his school at 2:30pm, since school ended at 2:45pm and all and no I did not take the binoculars....today. (Tomorrow's another day!) So I anxiously stood around waiting for my baby to be released from Mr. Wayne's class--they won't let us go inside the building to wait in front of the door....aw, man! Jonah's class was the first class to leave and I think all the Kindergartners were a bit overwhelmed when they came out and saw a swarm of parents standing there waiting like a fat lady waiting for more food to come on the buffet! I immediately saw Jonah because I'm a good Mom and unlike when he first started daycare and I believed that I might forget what he looked like by the end of the day, I could have spotted him from a mile away! (Good thinking on my part to dress him in the brightest yellow t-shirt I could fine!) There were lines of cars parked all along the side streets and I was so happy to see my little boy!! I asked him how his first day of school went and he said good and then I asked what the best part about his day was and at first he couldn't think of anything, I guess it was brain over load! But then he said that he figured that the best part was when they "stood on 5 eggs and they didn't break!" At first, I thought I had misheard him, but no, he said they were actually standing of raw eggs! (I'm anxious to see any pictures that Mr. Wayne puts on his website now!) So when we left school, Jonah and I went to a secret location and had a secret scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins--shhh, don't tell anyone I told you and if you ask Jonah like Jason did, he will deny everything! (Jason saw the Baskin Robbins napkins all over the table--we're obviously not very good at being discreet.) When we got home, I started going through all the paperwork they send home asking to sign this and make sure you read the student handbook and Jonah came home with his first book from school! We read it, it was short and very easy for me to read, but I am excelling in my reading abilities not to toot my own horn. I was COMPLETELY exhausted--what with all the restlessness sleep and worrisome thoughts, I was really just relieved to have my baby with me again! **deep breath of relief
So Jonah said that he wanted to go back tomorrow! So I guess we'll be doing this whole Kindergarten thing for a while now! BUT, tomorrow, his daycare van will be picking him up from school, but not to worry, I have the teacher's name who will be picking Jonah up as well as her cell phone number to harass, I mean communicate with her throughout the afternoon until he gets to school!
First day down, second day on it's way--thanks to all of you who said a little prayer for Jonah and I on our, I mean his first day of school! Until tomorrow's exciting adventure, good-night and whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment