Well let's see, what's been going on this week in the life of the Pace's? The first part of the week started out pretty normal, the usual, hustle and bustle of working parents trying to compensate their guilt of leaving the children in childcare all day. And then on Wednesday, it all started to fall apart!
I drove home Wednesday afternoon with my gas tank on "EEEEE" and I was just hoping and praying that if I did in fact run out of gas, that I was near a gas station! Well, as I'm fixing to get to the flyover onto to the 35, my a/c in the truck started blowing out hot/warm air....well, me, the non-mechanical-type is thinking that the a/c blowing warm air is the first sign of running out of gas so I immediately exited at the first possible exit and pulled into the closest gas station. Whew....I made it!! So, I go to roll my window down because the door handle is broken and can only be opened from the outside and I smell this horrible burning smell....COMING FROM MY TRUCK!! I fortunately had my mechanic on speed dial and informed him of the burning smells coming from under the lid of my truck. He said he was on his way--great mechanic! So, Jason met me and determined that it wasn't my engine over heating as he had suspected, but instead, just my a/c burning up! Yes, whew was the first response, at least it wasn't the engine, but it's a flippin 100 degrees here and an air conditioner is a "must-have!" Well, my faithful husband stayed up charging the a/c in his truck so I could drive it to work on Thursday and stayed up until like midnight on Thursday night working on fixing the a/c in my truck! It was, I'm glad to say, fixed by about 9am Friday!
So, as my mechanic was repairing vehicles after working all day in the heat, Jonah and I started practicing our letters and numbers! I had bought these flash cards for him a while back that had addition on some of them with pictures. So there was like "2 baseballs and 4 hats which equals 6" and Jonah was able to "add" them up! I was so proud of him and he was pretty excited too to be able to add! With school starting at the end of August, I guess this is just one of the many things we'll be learning this year! Wish us luck!!
And as for Baby Girl, I can't leave her out of this blog! Well, she asks if she's going to go to school with her "Bubba" and I sadly inform her that "Bubba" will be going to big kid school. Baby Girl then informs/reminds me that she too is a "big kid." She's going to absolutely miss her Bubba at daycare once school starts! School starts August 26, so say a little prayer for us all cause it will be an emotional day for us all....ok well maybe just for Baby Girl and I.
My babies are growing up too fast for their Mommy!
Well, until next blog, I hope you all have a great weekend and happy reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment