I was so anxious last night about going to school for the first time--I couldn't hardly sleep and it felt like I had butterflies in my stomach because I was so excited! I laid my clothes out last night and had my lunch packed and ready to go in the fridge! I had my clothes, socks and underclothes sitting there waiting for me to start school. I woke up promptly on my own this morning eager and ready to go to school, but still feeling a bit nervous! I got dressed, brushed my teeth, washed my face and zipped anxiously to school!
We got to school a bit early because the doors weren't even open yet, but then I saw kids going into school with their parents too and it made me feel a little better. Although, I still couldn't believe that after so long, my first day of school was finally here!
We walked into the cafeteria where we found "Mr. Potato Head" waiting for me as well as Mr. Wayne. I sat down at the end of the table with others who looked just as anxious as I was. Mr. Wayne even reassured me that everything was going to be fine and it was normal to feel this uneasiness today! Everything was set and when the bell rang, Mr. Wayne walked us in a single line down the hall to the classroom asking all the parents to say their good-byes at that time. Cameras were flashing, videos were recording and kisses were readily available--I was starting school!!
I was strong and made it through the first 45 minutes of Kindergarten! In fact, I didn't start crying until I was a good way out the front door--I was actually leaving my baby at school!!!
Wait, you didn't actually think I was talking about Jonah did you? Heck no! I've been a mess since I realized my baby was growing up and going to Kindergarten! I called Jason and talked to him as well as my Mom and my Dad for encouragement and cried all the way to work this morning.....I'm pretty sure, in fact, that I was the ONLY one with tears on my first day of school! Well, wish me luck for tomorrow!
:o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment