So anyway, I got the opportunity to get away with my two best friends, Meg and Angela for a whole weekend! Alone, by ourselves, no kids and no hubbys! Where did we go you might ask? Well, we went to Columbus. And what is there you might also be asking? Well, absolutely nothing! And that was the reason we went....because we did not want to be bothered with "activities" or fun shopping places or things to do....we wanted to merely focus on having GIRL TIME! And that is just what we did!! We had been trying to do something like this for a while (years) but it just hadn't ever worked out so when Meg mentioned that her and her sisters were doing something like that, I started planing a weekend getaway for us three, first just to see how everything would work out and second to make sure that our "men" could handle kids alone for a whole weekend! (And I figured if it was going to work, we three could make it work even at an obscure location.) It was SO nice to see my friends and to catch up and compare kid and hubby stories....it was just relaxing, there were no timetables or deadlines or bums to wipe or sippies to fill! Meg provided the picture taking and Angela provided massages....well, and as for me, I brought some trashy magazines and some chick flicks for us to watch--that's all I had to offer because neither of my friends are on probation at the moment. :o) It was nice to see and talk to my best friends again--it had been TOO long!
It was an absolute blast and something that we're planning on doing again next year--2nd annual GWG--bigger and better, but still in Columbus! We'll see how things go or how many more "girls come to take over Columbus!"
WATCH OUT COLUMBUS--HERE WE COME!!
And what exactly did the kids do, you may be asking? Well, they went to see their Grandma and worked on the boat, road Pretty Girl, and played in the dirt! Jason said that when they left, the kids were covered from head to toe in dirt and they looked like Pigpen off of Charlie Brown! They had a blast too!!
Well, I know this blog is supposed to be about my babies, but they are growing up and sometimes driving me insane, hence the girls weekend getaway, so I guess since I am the editor-in-chief of this blog, I decide what gets "published" and what doesn't.....oh but don't worry, I put in all the good stuff that the kids do aaaand sometimes the bad too! So enjoy, happy reading and to my fellow readers, I leave you with a picture of my best friends!

Thank goodness for Angela's long arms!
(I'm the brown one in the middle.)
No comments:
Post a Comment