Good Morning to All! I hope you all had a great weekend....we did! We actually had separate weekends, the "boys" went one way and the "girls" went the other.
"The Boys"
So the guys left Friday night to visit Howard. Jason was going to work on Howard's baler or some kind of tractor thing. They didn't get in until late that Friday night and stayed up talking and catching up, so of course they slept in that Saturday morning....until like 9am! They decided to find a nice fishing hole to try catching some fish on Saturday, but they didn't get any bites. Jason said that Jonah was on his best behavior and that Howard really enjoyed having Jonah around. The last time Jason went out to Howard's to work on a tractor or something, Howard had asked him to bring Jonah so he would have someone to "hang out with." And then on Sunday, Jason finally got to work on the tractor or whatever, but didn't get it going. I told Jason that I didn't really believe that Howard wanted him to actually fix that tractor thing, but just wanted to keep having him come back to have an excuse to work on something! :o) They had a great time and apparently Howard gave Jonah just about anything he asked for....sounds like Jonah's Lito/Lita....hmm....and Jonah has decided that he would like to go visit again!
[Sorry, for those of you who don't know Howard--he is an older gentleman that Jason grew up with. Jason worked for Howard helping him with his horses and whatever else needed to be done when Jason was in high school. They didn't live far from each other and Howard had a son, Dwayne, close to Jason's age and thay used to hang out together. (Dwayne was in our wedding.) So anyway, I think Jason sees Howard as a "father-figure" and since Howard has had health problems, Jason goes down every now and again to help Howard do whatever he needs help with on his land, whether it's building fences, fixing tractors, caring for the horses, or just to talk and fish!]
"The Girls"
So once the boys were gone, it was just Baby Girl and I....we didn't do much on Friday night. Pretty much just hung out, but on Saturday, we went to do what girls do best--SHOP! So we hit Michael's where Baby Girl had asked for some m&m's and had she not thrown her little temper tantrum and running like a wild woman all over the store, she would have gotten those m&m's! But she decided that it would be 10 times more fun to "run from Mom." As soon as I caught her, we headed home...with NO M&M'S!! I knew she was tired and she feel asleep pretty quickly after being in the truck for just a few minutes. She slept the afternoon away and when she got up, we went to church so we could "sleep in on Sunday!" She wasn't too horrible at church...didn't have her Bubba there helping her get into trouble! After church we decided to head to Wal-mart to get some "chick flicks" and dinner. We watched "The Notebook" and "Dirty Dancing".......OMG...if you have not seen "The Notebook" make sure you take a box of Kleenex with you!! It's such a great romantic movie.....*sigh. Baby Girl and I actually stayed up until like 1 o'clock in the morning watching "Finding Nemo" and when I first asked Baby Girl what "chick flick" she wanted to watch she thinks for a minute and then says....."Spiderman!" My poor baby, she's been watching so many "boy" movies and she never gets to pick! I had movies like "Cinderella" and "Dumbo" in mind, but whatever. We had a great girls weekend together but she was missing her Bubba! One night, I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and when I came back to bed, I realized that Baby Girl wasn't there! I went to check her bed, thinking that she may have migrated back there in the middle of the night, but she wasn't there! So I checked the living room-nothing, the computer room-nada, the kids bathroom-no again! I was starting to get a bit concerned because all I had to do was take care of one child and I had lost her! I turned on the light and noticed that she was on the other side of the bed (on Jason's side) laying on the floor with a pillow.....whew! The next morning, I asked her what she was doing on the floor and she said that she was "sleeping with her Bubba." Poor baby missed her big brother! Love it!!
Well, the boys eventually made it home, and the kids went back to their normal wrestling, jumping, fighting selves.....everything was back to normal! Happy reading.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment