Hello, Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Howdy to my loyal blog readers! Yall will be happy to know that work is slow so I have some time to blog...(but if my manager asks, I'm working!)
So let's see, I went to pick up Jonah's school registration packet last week. I still can't believe my baby's gonna be going to school!! EEEKKK!!! Not sure who will be crying more....we'll see. I have to turn in the paperwork sometime this week, Kindergarten orientation is on August 22 and then Jonah will be starting KINDERGARTEN on August 26!! I'm freaking out that my baby's going to school and don't be surprised if you don't catch me "spying" on him with the binoculars for the first week at least! He says he's a big boy, but there are gonna be other kids there at school and what if the teacher loses him! I will be highly upset!! Anyway, his school supply list came out so we'll be going school clothes shopping and school supply shopping and trying to "compose" ourselves for the first day of school....ok, by "compose ourselves" I mean me. And I know what you're thinking, he'll be fine....and I know he will, but that's MY baby we're talking about....breath, breath, deep breath, little prayer, more deep breaths...he'll, I mean I'll, be fine. :o)
We had some friends from Ft. Worth visit this past weekend....they stopped by on their way to Sea World and they have a little girl who's 4 years old named Jordyn. The kids played and played...they all get along pretty well!
However, unfortunately, on Sunday, when the kids and I went to church....Jonah ended up getting grounded. I know he was probably just tired (that's the Mom coming out in me, making excuses for my baby's behavior) but before church, I talked to both kids and told them that they needed to be good kids in "Jesus' House!" Well, Baby Girl started first, she was lying on the floor under the pews, running to the other side of our pew, not listening and NOT "being have!" I actually had to take her out of church to give her a spanking! Can you believe...spankings in church? She was horrible!! So I finally calmed her down and she fell right to sleep! She was tired....so once she was down, Jonah started. He was told that he needed to "pay attention" in church and by that all I meant was to stand up when we stood up, sit when we sat, no lying down in the pew, and no thumb sucking! (We're working on quitting....say a prayer and wish us luck!) So after church, I reminded the kids how bad they were in church and informed them that they would need to sit in time out until Jordyn came over....well, that's when it (and by "it" I really mean shit but I don't believe I can curse on a blog about my children) Jonah didn't want to sit on his mat for time out and ended up telling his Daddy that he "hated him".....well, when I heard that, I went to speak to him about his little attitude and mouth and he told me that he hated me as well.....so he got grounded for 2 weeks for being ugly to his Mommy and Daddy. I felt so bad, but I don't like the word "hate" and I especially don't like Jonah saying it about us! So, he finally fell asleep and woke up the Jonah we all know and love.....it was just too bad that he had to get grounded before he took his much needed nap!
Later that same night, Sunday, my Dad called to talk to Jonah, but it's funny because Jonah didn't mention anything about being grounded to his Lito! Hmmmm....wonder why? :o) So when it got to be my turn to talk to Lito I informed him of the punishment that Jonah received and of course, being the abuelito he is, he believed that 2 weeks was WAY too long for his grandson to be in trouble. But after I told Lito what Jonah had said, Lito was in agreement to the "probationary status" that Jonah was sentenced and stated that he still loved Jonah!
And then yesterday, I received an "anonymous" message at work informing me that there would be a "package" mailed to my address and to deliver it to the "probationer" that was recently sentenced. The "anonymous caller" stated that I should not try to trace the call as it was not traceable (little did this caller know that I have caller ID on my phone and recognized the number to be that of one, Lito, aka: Dad) This caller also informed me that I should not try calling back as the number will be destroyed and will not be able to be returned.....Suspicious!
Well, not much else to blog about right now....so until later, so-long, good-bye, good-night and adios! Happy reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can I bake a file in a cake and mail it to Jonah's cell?!?!? Is babygirl allowed to visit him!?!?
Post a Comment