Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Seriously??!!

New Year, New Resolution to keep up with the blog? If there's even anyone out there still "checking in" on us. If not, that's fine because it's mainly so I'll remember what the kids did while they were little and so I won't forget the little things that go by so fast!

So yesterday, we had a play date with my bestest friend and her kids! Our kids play SO well together!! We went to the "bouncy" place to play, well I guess let me back up a little, we went to the bouncy place after leaving the emergency room. Yes, the emergency room.....who for? Requay. She was standing on the recliner in our living room, after I told her to get down and fell head first onto the floor! And of course, she passed out and went unconscious, but for some reason, I was calm about it all....I shook her awake and asked her if she was ok. It took a little bit but she started drooling and then wet her pants and that's when I panicked! All of this happened about 2 minutes before Meg arrived, so we quickly got all the kids back into the trucks and drove to the ER. Requay seemed to be fine once we got there and we didn't have to wait long at all. They took another Cat scan of her little head (and she got some really pretty Disney Princess stickers) and they told us that everything looked fine and that we could go home, but just to watch her to make sure she was acting normal. Whew......she's fine and played hard like she'd never gone to the ER that day!

Jonah came home last week asking if we knew "King Luther" and of course we did not. I asked if he meant King Arthur, thinking that maybe they had been learning about knights at school or something, but he said no not Arthur. And then he said, "King Luther Jr." and we figured out that he was talking about Martin Luther King Jr! They had I'm sure talked about it at school and I guess Jonah just figured that "Mr. Luther" was a king! :o)

So anyway, long story short, we had a pretty good "King Luther Jr." day! Hope yall's was just as good!!

1 comment:

dad said...

Yea!!!!! I look everyday and surprize, today is my lucky day. I should go out and buy a lotto ticket! You are really a good mommy, my mom would not have taken us to the ER plus we would have gotten a spanking for jumping on the sofa after having been told not to. We did develop strong hard heads however. Love, Lito