Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Proud Parent!

Jonah brings home little "newsletters" that his teacher writes every week just saying what the kids are learning, projects the kids are working on and just good stuff about the kids. Well yesterday I got the newsletter for last week and last week was testing for my little guy (all though he's not that little any more!) Anyway, the newsletter said things like all the kids had passed certain parts of the testing, others had problems with deletion of the final sound and so I started asking Jonah stuff like deleting the first letter or the last and having him tell me the remainder of the word or letter recognition or comprehension. Mr. Wayne said that he read a 166 word story to the kids and they had to get all 5 identifying questions right and Jonah said he got all of his right! So I started "drilling" him to see if he was really telling me the truth....so I'd come up with random silly little stories and then ask him questions about what color the girl's dress was or what she was eating or whatever.....he must have been listening better than me because I told him the story and ask a question and when he answered, I couldn't remember the answer, but he knew! (I didn't tell him that I didn't remember.) So anyway, it made me feel like he was actually getting something from this whole Kindergarten thing! It's just amazing at how much he has learned in only half a year of school!

And as for Baby Girl, well she's learning things too....like how to talk back, or when to say, "omm-momm-mmommm" when someone says a bad word! *Little tattle tail! :o) Last night was not that eventful....we came home, ate dinner, took baths, read a book and went to bed! We were all tired!

When Jonah got home, he went to play his wii....and no I'm trying to be dirty, we got a Nintendo wii for Christmas...gosh....anyway, on the wii you can design your own person and Jonah designed Baby Katy! He said that he wanted to play a game with her so he put her on the game! I didn't get to see her before he turned it off because I was busy cooking dinner and trying to keep the kids out of the snack foods!

Jason and I watched a little bit of the Inauguration happenings, but we had missed it originally, so whatever was on the tube, was what we watched....I hear things went fairly well. I mean really, there will be stuff messed up in every big ceremonious event.

Well, not much to report from yesterday....happy reading!

No comments: