Well, I hope you all had a good weekend! We didn't really do much.....on Saturday, we attempted to stay as far away from the house as possible because it looked like a tornado had swept across our house only! So we left for breakfast, went to run some errands, picked up Jason's deer at the processors, took some meat out to his Mom's, and then finally around 3:30 in the afternoon, figured we should go home to start a whirlwind cleaning spree of our house! So we cleaned.....and cleaned.....and cleaned! Whew.....
On Sunday, we of course went to Sunday school and then continued to finish the last of the house cleaning that needed to be done....pretty uneventful weekend. It was GREAT!!
So let's see, you probably don't really want to hear about cleaning the house because you "tune in" to check on the kiddos......so Requay has gotten into this thing that if she doesn't get her way, is told "no" or doesn't like something that you have to say, she'll say (and I have no idea where she got this from) but she'll say "ooyyyyyy" all long and drug out. She has the facial expressions to go with it too and it's all pretty funny to hear and watch, but I try not to let her see or hear me! Cause then it's there again, "ooyyyyyyy"........
Jonah and Requay spent the majority of Sunday "cleaning their room." You know I'm not sure if they are "cleaning impaired" like their father or if they really thought their room looked better than before! But by the time they "finished" I'm pretty sure there were MORE toys strung out all over the floor of their room! And as usual, the cleaning could not be done without the every now and then yelling and telling that brothers and sisters do when "Requay isn't helping [me] clean the room!" (As per Jonah) They might not have cleaned much, but they stayed in their room for most of the day playing, which is nice when you're trying to get the rest of the house cleaned or doing laundry!
Last night, Requay was just about to fall asleep while eating dinner (no nap for her on Sunday--too much to do with all the "cleaning.") Her little head kept doing the head nod thing and finally, she just laid her little head down on her tray of her highchair. So I cleaned her up, put her nightgown on her and put her into bed around 7pm! I foolishly believed that she might sleep until this morning, but of course she didn't and instead woke up around 9ish. Well Jason and I were ready for bed at 9, so I laid out the trusty nap mat that has remained beside my bed since Jonah used to sleep on our floor. I brought her pillow and blanket and she laid down and fell back asleep. But then in the middle of the night, we woke up to her crying and wondering what was going on.....well I checked and she had gotten her cute little head stuck under the bed and couldn't get it out....poor baby! So I pulled her out, covered her up and put her back to sleep.
Well, not much more to report, so until later, happy reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so proud of Lil Sister! You see, "Ooooyyyy" is derived from the ancient Chinese lost language which actually means "you just wait until I tell my Lito or Lita". It means much more only if expressed with facial expressions. It is recommended before spankings, scoldings, unwanted duties/direction, or when you just want to express a tender "I love you Mommy!" Don't you just love my grandkids? Love, Dad
Post a Comment