Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quickies

I know it's been a while, but "times are tough" and I haven't gotten a chance to blog with this JOB thing! Anyway, just thought I'd send out a few little "quickies" from the past month...enjoy!

I had to go to Michael's this past weekend and I told Requay that we were going to Michael's (the craft store) and she said, "Michael Phelp's?" Yes, we did watch the Olympics this year! :o)

I dropped Jonah off at school one day and noticed that all the lights were out on the whole blocks around school as well as the school! So as I dropped Jonah off, I gave him, what I believed to be good, motherly, advice for the day......I told him bye and to sit by a window! I figured he'd get a little light to do his school work in!

Requay brought in a few snails and we had to relocate them to the sink, they usually stay in the bathtub, but we needed the tub for baths and moved the Mr. Snails to the bathroom sink. Well, the next morning, we all apparently forgot about the snails and I asked Jason if he had taken them out for the night and he said he hadn't! I found like 3 of them around the bathroom sink area, but we were pretty sure we had like 5 or 6 and had no clue as to where they were. A few days later, yeah, I said a few days, I found one on the shower curtain hanging out and so we put that one out and kept hoping the others, which we had no clue as to how many "others" there may be, would show up. About a week later, I found another one on the door frame into the computer room so I took that one out too! Poor things, apparently they can survive on whatever snails eat in our house! And so just as we're thinking we have all the snails back in their natural environment in our back yard, Jonah finds yet another one in their room! THESE THINGS ARE SURVIVORS!!! Good luck to all the Mr. Snails that enter our yard and home!

Jonah asked for a Transformers figure, I'm not sure which one, but I told him he could get it for helping me earlier that week so he picked out the perfect one and immediately opened it as soon as we were in the truck....the problem was, he couldn't transform his transformer! He tried and tried and then got frustrated with it and I told him I would help him when we got home. So when we got home, I read the directions and tried and tried myself but couldn't get that darn transformer to freakin' transform either!!!! HOW FRUSTRATING!! So we did the next best thing we could, and took it back with the torn package and all and told Wal-mart that the Transformer would not transform and got our money back! Geez.......toys these days!

Requay has gotten into a "cannot" phase. When she can't do something, she'll say, "I cannot" do this or that. Who knows why she can't say "can't" but she cannot! :o)

A while back Jonah had gotten into trouble on the way back home after school one day, probably for arguing with his sister or agitating her in some way, but anyway, I told him to stop whatever he was doing or he was going to be grounded from all movies and TV. He of course continued and I grounded him for a week--devastating for a 5 year old--but in his hard-headedness, he continued and I grounded him for yet another week! 2 weeks of no movies/TV--AHHHH!! So when we got home, I pulled Requay out of the truck and Jonah was waiting for me at the front door to unlock it and I told him, while standing at the front door, that he had better change his attitude or he was going to be looking at a longer grounding period. He stood at the door with his backpack on and his head down with a little pouty face and said, "WHATEVER." Well, I couldn't help but laugh or at most snicker because he was surely upset and all he could say was whatever. I guess he'd had enough and didn't really care to have anything else to do with the TV or movies anymore. (Don't worry though because the 2 weeks flew by for all you "Jonah supporters!")

Enjoy!

No comments: