Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Always Use Your Manners!

I totally forgot to blog about this cute and funny little story about Baby Girl this past weekend......

So I mentioned that we went to the mother-in-laws to avoid cleaning house, well, while we were there, we HAD to go say hi to Pretty Girl, Jonah's horse. It was pretty cold outside so we bundled everyone up and went outside to pet Pretty Girl.

[Total side note: Pretty Girl is so pretty! She is getting her winter coat and is such a nice horse! I'm so lucky to have such a gentle horse around the kids!]

So anyway, while we were outside petting Pretty Girl and feeding her apples from the kids hands....see how gentle she is....Lucy, the dog that lives with the goats started heading our way and Requay started whining that she wanted me to hold her because she was scared of Lucy. (And we all know Lucy won't hurt a fly!) But, in her Baby Girl, whiny, drama queen way, she wanted to be carried and I didn't want to pick her up. So I told Requay that if Lucy came up to her, just to stretch her leg straight out and tell Lucy, no-no! So when Lucy got closer and Requay saw her, I told her, "what do you say?"

Thinking that she would stretch out her leg and tell Lucy no-no.....she instead says, "Thank you!" :o)

Good manners are always good to have!

2 comments:

dad said...

Baby Sister probably wanted to say, "Thank you for not eating my stretched out leg!" Baby Sister is sooooo dramatic!!!! Love Dad

redburns said...

too cute!! thats when you know you've raised them right!!