Whew....we had one crazy morning this morning....and all before 8am!
OK, last night, the weather was supposedly going to get worse throughout the night and we had been told to check the TV for school and/or work closings. (We had our fingers and toes crossed!) Jason and I stayed up late (well at least until after the news) to watch for ISD closing or opening late. There were a lot of schools opening late this morning because of icy roads and such but I never saw them mention Jonah's school or the ISD for that matter. So Jason and I woke up at 5 am to again check the weather conditions and/or school closings, but still nothing, nada, zilch.
So up we go, getting ready for school and work, but today at Requay's school, is picture day so I had to "fix" baby girl up so she'd look her usual cute self but more especially today! I got her dressed in her "birthday outfit"......no not the naked one, but the one that I spent way too much money on for her to wear to her birthday party! (It cost a whole $11 at the resale shop......agh!) Anyway, I fixed her hair all pretty, put a bow in her hair (she usually does not wear bows to school because they don't take care of them as well as I do--you know daycare!) I had her cute little shoes on her and off we went! I'm pretty sure she was going to be the cutest little girl at daycare today!!
Well to my surprise, when we got to daycare, it wasn't open!!!!! *AHHHHHH* I called the director about 10 minutes till 7am and probably woke her up and asked her if the ISD was opening late, and she said no, that school was running normal for our ISD. BUT DAYCARE WAS NOT OPEN!! She said that she would call the teacher that was supposed to open and find out what was going on and call me back.
In the meantime, Requay started whining that she had to go potty so off we went back to the house so that Requay could go potty. When we got to the house, the director called back and informed me that the teacher was under the impression that our ISD was opening late and that was the reason for her delay but that she was on her way to daycare so I could drop off Requay. [feeling: a bit upset, frustrated, angry and bitter at stupid people] Requay went potty and by this time, it was time for Jonah to go be at school. So Requay and I went to drop off Jonah at his school and I proceeded back to daycare thinking that 30 minutes would be enough time for somebody to show up!
[Keep in mind.....I carpool with a co-worker and he was patiently waiting for me too!]
When we got back to the daycare, there was another lady parked and waiting and I had informed her, thinking that she was a parent, of the situation, but she told me that she was the photographer and there to take pictures of the children. There were also another couple of vehicles with parents and kids patiently waiting.
Finally, the assistant director showed up, and thinking that whew, I can drop off Requay now, started getting Requay out of the truck. Unfortunately she did not have a key to the daycare!! The assistant director did say that she would wait with the kids in her warm vehicle. Normally, and in the past (yes, this has happened before), I'd sit and wait with my kids, but I've known the assistant director for the past 2 years or so, so I felt comfortable leaving Requay in her car. I called my carpool buddy and told him I was on my way and we finally left for work!
Whew......
The roads were a bit icy but there was sand on the overpasses and it wasn't a bad drive. Other drivers though believed that we should all drive about 20 mph which made our 15-20 minute ride to work a bit longer! We only hit one patch of ice and it was when we were about a mile away from work....go figure! Apparently though, we weren't the only two running late this morning.....probably half our building was late!
Well, now that I've pretty much used this blog to "vent" my frustrations.....I'll try doing some work and maybe blog some good/fun stuff later.....until next time, happy reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment