Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dare Devil

Well, for the first time in a while, I was able to sleep ALL night without a little someone with curly hair who will remain anonymous coming into my room/bed! I was actually surprised and a little worried this morning though. She didn't get up and come into my room. What was wrong? Was she feeling ok? Did she get up sometime in the middle of the night and fall asleep somewhere else? So like the paranoid and crazy Mom that I am, I went to make sure she was breathing! *Sigh of relief.....she was still breathing.


I asked Jason to give her a "firm" talking to last night before she went to bed telling her that she needed to stay in her own bed and that she didn't need to be roaming around in the middle of the night! I guess it worked!


Night before last, the little curly haired anonymous person DID wake up in the middle of the night, but that night, I DIDN'T hear her or even knew that she was up! So when my alarm went off, she was on the mat next to our bed with all kinds of toys, babies and books. But there were also toys, babies and books surrounding my head too. She, I guess, had put her "things" around my head/pillow so when I woke up I couldn't even turn my head without laying on a toy! Another reason I knew that this little curly haired girl was up in the middle of the night is because the chair from the dining room table was in the middle of the kitchen. No telling what she wanted that was obviously too high for her to reach!


Yesterday however, I did catch her with gum that had been strategically placed on TOP of the refrigerator to keep little hands out of it. I asked her how she had gotten the gum from the top of the fridge and she explained to me that when the chair is pulled up to the counter, she is able to stand on the counter to get to the top of the fridge! Imagine my surprise to know that my 3 year old is able to get to "high" stuff by climbing! I told her not to do that anymore because she could fall.....doing the good Mom thing now.....and she just looked at me like, whatever. I moved the gum to even higher grounds so we'll see if she puts a bench on top of the counter to get on top of the fridge!


Quickie: Yesterday while we were on our way home, Requay just out of the blue says, "Mommy, I love you lot lot forever!" My heart just sank........ I moved the gum to the counter......


Well, so long for now, I have a dentist appointment and I'm GFD! (That's gone for the day in probation) So until tomorrow, happy reading!

1 comment:

dad said...

I'm glad you moved the gum so she could reach it. I was fixing to put some gum in the mail and try to diguise it in a doll or toy especially for lil evel kneivel. Besides, it's safer where she can reach it! I was going to "chew" on you a little but then...some little words just make all the difference in the world. I love you Dee Dee, lots lots forever. Love Dad