Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Splish Splash...Swim Swim

Well, we made it thru another fun day of swim lessons! Requay and I joined our class, but she really didn't want anything to do with the water and noticed how "open" my swimsuit was and so really only wanted some "mo"--which is Requay talk for mommy's milk! The swim instructor came and took her and she did absolutely perfect....no crying, no whining, no asking for "mo"...she swam on her tummy and her back, kicked her little feet and blew bubbles with her teacher! I was so proud! And then the teacher gave Requay back to me and she wanted more "mo" again.....(sigh) At the end of the lesson, we sang the "wheels on the bus go round and round" and turned Requay in circles and then up and down in the water when the "windows" of the bus went up and down--she LOVED that!! It seems that when you have kids, each day is a learning experience....so today I packed a snack for the kids b/c when I picked them up from school yesterday-they were starving! (oh and by the way--we used the stairs again to get out of the pool...)

As for Jonah, well, he just LOVES playing in the kiddie pool and as we watched from outside the "parent fence" he went to the big pool and splashed and played and looked like he was having fun there too! He got to show off his muscles again and then they all stretched their arms up in a "diving" position....I guess there was a reason for showing their muscles! He likes the water.....Thank God!

So when we got home, it was of course, a mad dash to feed the kids (they were STARVING--according to Jonah) feed ourselves, take baths, pack lunches for Jason and I, pack for swim the next day, and eventually go to sleep exhausted....whew! After Requay went to bed--it didn't take her long--Jonah cracked Jason and I up with his intelligence! (Sorry if this is embarrassing, but it's too funny not to blog!) So Jason was in the kitchen last night and farted--well Jason said something about him farting and Jonah told him that "fart" was a bad word and that Jason shouldn't say that word, so Jason of course apologized for saying a "bad word" and told Jonah that he would start using the word "toot" and Jonah came back with "why don't you say 'pass gass' Dad". Jason and I just laughed and laughed about it! Later that night, I accidentally walked into one of Jason's bad "gas clouds" and I started choking! I ran to the living room and fell onto the couch b/c I couldn't breath! (I may be overexaggerating a bit) but when Jonah asked me what was wrong, I told him that I had run into one of Dad's gas clouds and I had fart smell in my nose....so he told me that if I wanted, he would breath into my nose to give me his breath and get fart smell out of my nose! I LOVE MY BABIES!!

No comments: