So let's see....how long has it been since I've blogged? I meant to blog either Sunday or Monday night but it didn't happen--I was just too exhausted! So we went down South Saturday and took Angela back with us. We (Angela, Jonah, Requay and I) dropped Jason off over at Howard's house (a long time friend of Jason's who has been in ill health lately and Jason goes to help with the horses, fixing fences, or really whatever Howard can't manage on his own) So anyway, we dropped Jason off and the rest of us headed over to Angela's house to play! Well, it would have been great....if we hadn't run out of gas about 50 yards from the gas station!! We "coasted" into the gas station and filled up right quick....like we had any choice in the matter! Jason was supposed to have filled up in one of the little towns on the way down, but everyone fell asleep and Jason didn't think about it...oh well, at least we were close enough to coast!
Angela and I tried our hardest to "tire-out" the kids so that they would sleep, but it didn't work too well. They wanted to stay up and play, so Angela gave her first massage (she's a massage therapist) while her "client" was nursing! How weird is that--Angela said she's NEVER even heard of that! Obviously she hadn't met my little girl who still insists on "mo"! The kids played and played all day and all night! We were exhausted!!
The next day, Sunday, the kids and I woke up, got dressed, picked Jason up, and drove to my Mom and Dad's to meet them at church. Jonah right away went to sit with his Lito/Lita so it was just Requay and I at the back of the church (we were a bit late--oops!)....I left Jason in the truck b/c he was too stinky to go into church, and plus he wanted to sleep. Requay had on this cute purple flower dress that Angela had just "handed down" and it had this little bonnet with it....Baby Girl looked SOOOO sweet and just about everyone passing by had to touch her--didn't want any "ojo"!
After church, we went to eat and then went to see my Mamo (my Mom's Mom, my grandmother, and the kid's great-grandmother) in the nursing home.....I love just sitting there watching her! I like to see all her little wrinkles and delicate hands that look just like my Mom's and touch her soft skin and not really do anything much except look at her trying to take in every little bit of her that I can! Mamo wasn't feeling her best that day so she slept alot, but the kids got to play in her wheelchair--Dad took them for rides and at one point we happened to look around and couldn't find Jonah...but then we heard an imitation "Mozart" playing the piano in the sitting room of the nursing home. And who could have wondered his little way to the piano when all the elderly just want peace and quiet? Yep, Jonah! He was playing a tune for his Mamo!
I got to see my sister while I was there too! I hadn't seen her in a while....it was good to see her! I told her to be good, stay out of trouble, and to help Mom with the housework! Normal "big sister stuff". We had fun sitting and talking. Dad couldn't get enough of the kids and kept kissing them and hugging them!! I think the kids liked it too! It was a really good day but when it was time to leave, Jonah DID NOT want to leave! He wanted his Lito/Lita....he didn't want to give them good-bye hugs or kisses and just wanted to stay there with his Lito/Lita....it was actually quite sad. We left with Jonah's little head down and all sad :o(
Jonah misses his Lito and his Lita so much that he can't get enough of them when he's with them! And he's counting down the days till he sees his Lito/Lita! He's called to talk to them every day...THIS morning he called at about 6:20 AM--he woke them up just to tell them that it was almost time to see them! So sweet......
More blogs later......so long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment