Friday, July 13, 2007

Just Exhausted.....

So we finished up our first week of swim lessons last night. And boy, are we exhausted! Yesterday wasn't as much fun for the kids b/c it was "safety class" so they taught the kids about water safety, boating safety, and using life jackets and all--good info, but for a 4 year old not so much fun! They did get to go into the big pool and play in the kiddie pool after that 20 minute lesson so it made up for the boring stuff! And in Jonah's class the teacher was telling the kids that if there is someone in the water that was in trouble, for them to NOT go in to help b/c then there would be "double trouble"(2 people needing help)--well this little girl popped up with, "I have that game at home, it's fun!" All the parents outside were laughing!

Requay and I had a good lesson too, I guess my arms aren't as strong as I hoped they would be b/c I've been picking her up and down in the water and working with her alot going under, getting her to "jump" (which ends up being like sliding) into the pool from the side of the pool, and just playing with her so my arms are a little sore. She had fun today but kept asking for "mo" as usual. And then, she noticed some little birds playing in the grass by the pool and she couldn't stop waving to them and telling them hello! So cute, but I had to keep reminding her that we were there for swimming--not waving to birdies!! Maybe we can go swimming this weekend and play in the water and talk to the birdies, the kids would really enjoy that!

We got to bed late last night b/c we cleaned house....we're getting a new dining room table! So we needed to make room for that! And if all goes as planned we're going to watch the 4th of July fireworks that were rescheduled from last week! The kids will love that!

Everyone is good...just a bit tired...I told the kids they could "sleep in" tomorrow! No big plans for the weekend. I need to clean house b/c we're going out of town next weekend (Victoria) and then Mom and Dad (AKA: Lito/Lita) are coming to spend the following weekend with the kids! Boy will they have fun! And Jason needs to go do work in his hay field, but other than that...nothing big. Maybe I'll check to see if they're showing the "Transformers" movie at the dollar theatre! I'll keep a'posting!

No comments: