Well, we wrapped up swim lessons last night....Requay seemed to cry the majority of the time and didn't want to even show her Daddy or her big brother that she can jump in from the side like a big girl...oh well, maybe we'll make it to the pool sometime and she can play and have fun! Jonah on the other hand, couldn't get enough of the water and kept "accidentally" putting his feet in the water! So finally when I realized that Requay wasn't going to swim with me, I told Jonah to JUMP in! He jumped in with a huge splash! And then started sinking.......apparently he's not really ready to jump in without assistance! oops....He had fun though anyway and jumped in another 2 or 3 times, so he was fine! We did take pictures of the kids sporting in their "shades" and relaxing on the lawn chair things they have at the pool....they looked so grown up! So Baby Girl got her certificate AND a sucker....she enjoyed the sucker more than the certificate, but like her teacher said, the certificates are for the parents and the suckers are for the kids! Oh so true!
Jonah was ALL ready to start his class, in fact at one point when Requay and I were toweling off, we started looking for Jonah b/c he was no where to be found! And then I saw him standing in front of the gate to go into the kiddie pool.....he was ready to go! They played for a while in the kiddie pool and then moved into the big pool...I took pics of him getting into the pool using the steps, sitting on the edge of the pool, using a kickboard (Power Rangers--he demanded that one!) and then swimming using his "ice cream scoop" hands! As they were swimming in the big pool, the older class was nearby and I guess they were going off the diving board for the first time b/c they all seemed a little scared to get on the board. There was this one little boy that slowly inched up on the board biting his nails and still trying to decide whether it was ok to jump off or not--the swim teachers were there to catch them so it wasn't like they were going to jump in and then not know what to do--but this one little boy, just didn't want to swim and a couple of times, even started walking backwards to get off the board! It was so funny that at one point I was watching that class and waving like I knew some kid in there or something! (Sorry Jonah) So back to Jonah's class.....the ended their swim lessons going back into the kiddie pool and Jonah got this pair of swim goggles and put them on! He looked so funny in them and we still don't know if he could actually see out of them! And then they also got their (my) certificate and suckers! We had a good experience at swim lessons this year...hopefully we can keep working with them on our own and they can become stronger swimmers than Jason or I!
So it's Friday--TGIF-- it's been a super long week for all of us and I was only at work for 3 days this week! I'm just exhausted though! And tomorrow, Angela and I run our first ever 5K run!! I know we can do it, we've just never been in a "race" situation so say a prayer that we're not the ones bent over puking or more likely falling due to tripping over another runner in front of us! The first of many miles to run! Wish us luck!
PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND: Kevin and Angela are coming up tonight for the 5K in the morning and then Kevin is going to spend the remainder of the weekend with a buddy of his here in Austin and Angela, Jason, the kids, and I will head back south to spend the weekend with Howard, Jason's friend there--he's an older man and Jason helps him around his place fixing fences or working with the horses or whatever needs to be done that Howard can't do--And then hopefully on Sunday, we'll head further south to meet Mom and Dad for church! I'll try to blog this weekend just to keep ya updated as far as our weekend goes.....so for now, have a GREAT weekend and catch'a bloggin' later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment