Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Swim Lessons Started!

So today is Day #2 of swim lessons for the kids! Yesterday went well...Jonah was SO excited to be able to get into the pool, but when he asked (for reassurance reasons) if he would be in the kiddie pool-I told him yes! I wasn't lieing...they did start out in the kiddie pool, but then they made it out to the big pool after that!! I thought Jonah would be scared, but he wasn't! We couldn't see to well because the pool people make all parents wait OUTSIDE the fence when our kids are swimming--so Jason, Requay and I watched anxiously to see if Jonah would be crying like that other little girl that refused to even touch the water! At one point we saw Jonah "showing off his muscles"...they are so cute!! He's in his spider-man trunks and tan as a boy can get!! I teased with Jonah telling him that only "big kids" got in the big pool...and he would say that he was a big kid and that's why he was in the big pool! Maybe I was more scared than him.....

And as for Requay, well I got in the pool with her and we played, blowing bubbles and attempting to lay on her back and then on her tummy! She liked the water and looked the cutest in her little hand-me down bathing suit! The instructors showed us how to get in with our kids and how to get out also. The getting in was pretty easy for us, but the getting out--not so easy! I tried what the instructor said, but I hurt my wrist trying to pull myself up...yes, I obviously need to do more push-ups! So we, Requay and I, decided that we should go use the stairs instead....We'll try it again today and see how it goes! After Requay's class was done, she managed to find the mud puddles behind the pool and got her little brown sandals all dirty and muddy....her legs too! Well, I gotta go for today---got swim lessons to go to!! Wish us luck on getting out of the pool!!

No comments: