Sunday, July 15, 2007

Our "4th of July" Weekend

Sorry so late, but I just didn't have the energy to do much of anything yesterday....I guess the week did me in! Friday night, we went over to Mr. Steven's house (Jason works with him) to watch the fireworks that were rescheduled from the 4th of July. And, I thought I'd come up with the great idea to run to Mr. Steven's house, I was guessing it was about 3 miles. But after a long week of work and swim lessons, running 3 miles wasn't as easy as I thought! I did however, still make the run in 45 minutes! So it wasn't too bad....oh and for those of you that I forgot to tell....I'm in training to run the half-marathon here in Austin in February! I've always wanted to run a marathon--so I'm starting off with the half first!

So we watched fireworks from the driveway of Mr. Steven's house--they were cool--but the kids didn't seem too impressed with them. I think they were tired too. After the fireworks, Requay and I went to relax in Mr. Steven's tub--I was hot and sweaty from the run and well Baby Girl just couldn't stand to be away from me....she's for sure a "Mommy's girl" right now anyway. After our bath, Jonah, Requay and I watched "The fast and the furious" part 2. It was pretty good and Jonah kept saying that he was that car or this car--whichever one went the fastest! He enjoyed it! We didn't get home until late and the kids were already passed out when we got home. Jonah slept until about 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning and Requay slept until 11:00AM!!!! WOW--late night for Baby Sister! Poor Jason didn't get to spend much time at home on Saturday b/c he was on call this weekend and seemed to spend it down in Buda the majority of the weekend...he says they were "service calls" but you know Cabela's is down there too!

This morning, Sunday, by the time the kids and I woke up, Jason was out already on yet another service call! The kids and I went to church....they were pretty good, but I bribed Jonah...I told him that if he was good in church, he could play on the little play sets that they have outside the church--he was good! So the kids played for a little bit and then we went home. I don't think Baby Sister was feeling well--she was running a fever last night and I've already given her 2 doses of Motrin since early this morning....no fevers this afternoon, but she still seems to not feel well. We'll see how she feels tomorrow.

I am attempting to clean house, Jonah is watching "The Transformers" on the little DVD player that goes in the car and Jason and Requay are watching "Wyatt Earp"--I don't believe it was Baby Girls turn to pick the movie! Well, I'll blog more later.....

No comments: