Hello...Yes, I know I haven't written in a while and as much as I would like to say that the reason that I haven't written is because my kiddos have done absolutely nothing cute or worth writing about.....I can't! They have done so much, but we've been so busy--get ready for some good bathroom blog reading!
OK, so let's see.....Jonah started t-ball last week! We have our first game this weekend against the "Orioles"....should be a good game cause we're both 0-0! Jonah has a year of t-ball experience "under his belt" so he knew where to run and how to hit the ball! He's like a pro! And well, Baby Girl goes and cheers her brother at his practices! We had our first practice last week and Jason was out on the field helping Jonah and typically she'll take her Mommy over her Daddy but on THAT particular day......"Da-Da, Da-Da, Da-Da!" She HAD to be with her Daddy and she couldn't.....she was crying and walking out to him with her little arms stretched out like he was leaving forever or something! It was so funny...she's so dramatic sometimes....wonder where she gets that from?!
Requay has taken to biting when she is trying to "get her way".....she usually only bites her brother since that is her only defense against him. And when we get on to her, she puckers her little bottom lip out and gives you those sweet little eyes and it takes an act of God not to smile at her and just hug her....but she can't be biting! I remember when I was little, about 5 years old, I stayed with some friends of ours and Timmy, their son, bit me really really hard that I'm pretty sure other people probably thought I was being abused! Anyway, Timmy's Mom wanted me to bite him back to try to teach him not to bite, well, being the good little girl that I was, I knew better than to bite, so I didn't and wouldn't bite Timmy. So his Mom bit him--HARD!! I'm pretty sure it was harder than my bite! Timmy never bit me again.....
Anyway, Jonah came home one day singing songs....I don't think he really knows all the words to the songs, but he was trying! One of them was about how he was "going on a bear hunt" and the other was "Cause I'm in the Lord's Army"....these both have hand and foot symbols to go with them, but I don't know them and I don't believe Jonah knows them either, but he tries anyway! It amazes me how much they learn when your not even teaching them! The other day even Baby Girl was singing...not that she's talking where you can understand her, but still, you could definitely make out what she was singing! One of them sounded like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and then her ABC's....wait I think those are the same tunes....whatever--my baby knows 2 songs!
Jonah started "Jesus school" again.....my church has Pre-School Worship on Sunday mornings during church so Baby Girl and I go drop him off and then we get some "alone, girl time"....well it sounds good anyway! Pretty much, I've realized that this "girl time" that Baby Girl and I get to spend with each other is so much more work cause Jonah's not there to entertain her so she wants to be held, and she wants to run around, and she wants to stand on the pews, and she especially likes standing on the little kneelers and twist her waist so that her little dresses will umbrella out! She likes that alot! So I may not get alot out of mass because I'm wrestling with Requay, but at least He knows I am there and that I'm trying my best! God help me..... :o)
As for Jason and I, well, my suburban is broke--it doesn't like starting in the mornings and that is a pretty important time to me--AND the air conditioner went out a while back so we've been riding with the "4 self controlled air conditioners" down (the windows). Well, we were doing that until I got fed up with the truck and had to get a crash course in how to drive my husband's 4-wheel drive diesel standard truck!! I know.....me in a huge truck! I take my step ladder with me wherever I go just so I can get in that monster! I'm getting much better driving it though....I haven't broken that one yet....had never driven standard before now! Wish me luck......
And my kickball and marathon days have come to a halt.....I messed up my calf muscle playing kickball--although I prefer to call it a "sports related injury"....I tend to get less smirks and laughs that way--so anyway, I am now in physical therapy to help it heal.....it REALLY stinks that I don't get to run, but hopefully I'll still be good to go for the marathon in February! Keep me leg in your prayers!
Well, I mentioned this may be a long one.....I'm gonna try to stay better "connected" with my loyal blog readers from now on! Promise!! So until later.....happy potty reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE your informational blog! It covers all the good stuff that we all want to know! :o)
Post a Comment