Monday, October 22, 2007

The Weekend and the Best Monday!

The weekend is over and here we go to start a new week again....is time flying by or what?! It's already gonna be "the holidays"!!

Jonah had t-ball game #2 on Saturday. It went by pretty quick because the other team only had like 5 or 6 players and I know one left in the middle of the game because he was crying and his mother was getting on to him about how he needed to decide whether he wanted to play t-ball or cry on the field! These are some hard core t-ball parents! So that only left like 4 or 5 players on the other team. And since we don't keep score, the games kinda go a bit fast with fewer players! I think though that Jonah is ready to move up to the "hard stuff".....he seems to be bored out on the field with all those kids who are just learning how to play. I guess I'll be checking out other leagues for him to join and see how he likes that.

And where was Requay during her big brother's t-ball game you might ask.....well, she kept herself quite busy bringing me rocks of various sizes! At one point, she took off, but she's so tiny it didn't take long for her Daddy to catch up to her! (She thought she was going fast!)

We didn't do much after the t-ball game except normal routine things around the house like cleaning and napping and stuff! We went to church Saturday night because we had a pretty full day scheduled for Sunday (more after these messages). Requay and I went to church by ourselves. Jonah needed a nap and was fu-u-u-u-u-ssy and just fighting everything like crazy....so instead of making me crazy in Jesus' house, we decided that it would be best for all involved for Jonah to stay home and take a nap!

So what did we do Sunday you ask? Well, you know we've been looking for a house, so we continued our house hunt! We saw a lot of nice properties and it's really interesting how people choose to decorate the inside of their houses! We didn't find any houses we just had to have, so we decided we'd just keep on looking.....God's got a nice piece of land and house just waiting for us--I know it!! (But if you would like to say your own little prayer that God leads us to "the home of our dreams" that would be just fine by us! Thanks for the prayers!!)

On to not so exciting stuff......We've been dealing with fighting a real bad diaper rash that Baby Sister has, so I decided that I would keep the kids at home with me on Monday so that I could make sure she stayed dry. And boy were they excited when they heard that Aunt Meg, Baby Katy and Baby Allen were coming!! (Meg is my best friend from the 7th grade! Hi Meg!)

Meg called Monday morning to see if we had any "plans"....and of course we didn't have any after that call! So we decided, unanimously, that instead of cleaning house and running errands on a typical Monday, we would LOVE to play with Baby Katy and Allen! The kids play really well together and Meg and I started tag teaming them! Like Meg told Katy to eat her food and Katy just ignored her (normal) and then I told her the same thing and she picked up some fries (not normal). So Meg and I enjoyed playing that game with the kids and catching up on everything that had been going on in our lives since the last time we saw each other! I'm pretty sure the kids played non-stop and Meg and I talked non-stop! The only times we had to stop talking was when there was a kid who needed a diaper change or to be fed! It's so nice to share "Mom war stories" with each other! And I'm not the only Mom who considers the french fry one of the world's best food groups for kids!! :o)

So I guess all in all, we had a productive and exciting fun-filled weekend! I think the kids would agree with me when I say that the best part of our weekend was getting to play with Baby Katy and Allen....oh and catching up with Aunt Meg!!

Well, I better say good-night for now....tomorrow's a "school day" and we'll be getting up early in the cold morning, so until I find some more "free time".....happy reading and good-night!

No comments: