Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Negotiation Process

You know as you grow up, you learn how negotiation is an important part of life.

Jonah receives an allowance of $1 every 2 weeks and with his last allowance money he bought a Spider Man alarm clock. Which by the way is missing a head now, but anyway.....So Jason decided that Jonah could earn another dollar if he went to bed without fussing for a whole week! Well, Jonah comes back with "how bout $3". Jason and I couldn't help but laugh because at 4 years old, he is attempting to negotiate his way into a higher pay bracket! Smart Kid! Well, Jason was as surprised as I was and I suggested that he get a quarter every morning if he goes to bed without hassle and without fussing the night before! Wish we'd of thought of this a long time ago because last night, we set his Spider Man alarm clock to go off at 9:00 pm and as soon as Jonah heard it ringing, he turned off the TV, got his glass of water and headed off to bed!!! I tucked him and he went to bed and Jason and I got to spend time together earlier than 11 o'clock at night!! I couldn't believe it.....I mean who knew?!

This morning, I went to get Baby Girl up out of bed and I started "getting her patitas (little feet in Spanish)" and she would just laugh and move to a corner of her crib. But after a while, she started pretending to be "getting me" and she would wiggle her little fingers on my pansa (tummy in Spanish) and I would shriek like she was really getting me! She thought it was funny!

And, well we're still messing with Baby Girl's diaper rash, but it is getting much better! (Keep her little bum in your prayers still!) She is so funny with her facial expressions that I can't help but laugh at her! She has so many expressions and sometimes she's a bit dramatic with them. (Lord only knows where she gets that from!) Tonight while she was eating dinner, she kept thinking she heard a dog and she would stop eating, open her eyes wide open, and open her little mouth--her mouth looked like the mouth off of the "Scream" movie. It was SO funny! And then she would bark like the dog too! :o)

Well, it's already Wednesday and we have t-ball practice tomorrow......so until next time, happy reading and good-night!

No comments: