Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Turning 6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAH!!! Today is Jonah's happy birthday day--he officially turned 6 years old at 11:58am! Awww....my baby has to use 2 hands now to show people how old he is!!!


This morning on our way to school, I told Jonah that at the time we were driving to school, that Mommy was in the hospital in labor. Jonah asked if "labor" was in this state. I had to explain that labor is not a place it's a condition and that he was ready to come out of my tummy. Jonah informed me that he "remembered" a little bit so I asked him what he remembered. He told me that he remembers his Daddy holding him and that Daddy was holding Baby Girl's hand too. I reminded him that Baby Girl had not been born and was not there when he was born, but Jonah was persistent that Daddy was holding her hand. I told him that maybe it was Jesus holding Baby Girl's hand because he had just come from heaven to be with us. Jonah thought that was probably where he remembers that from. I'm sure he knew Baby Girl when they lived with God in heaven and before God let them come live with Jason and I! I love the innocence of my babies and the fact that they have no cares and "remember" before they were born holding hands with their "Daddy!"


Requay had a little bag of Princess fruit snacks this morning on our way to school. When I went to get her out of the truck at daycare, I asked her where all her fruit snacks had gone because the bag was empty and she opened her mouth to show me how they were ALL shoved in her little mouth! Her little cheeks were as big as a chipmunk's and she could barely say anything at all! But every morning that I drop her off at daycare, she asks for just "one more hug" or "one more kiss" before I leave.....I end up giving one more hug and kiss at least 5 times each morning....not that I'm complaining!!!


On Friday night before Jonah's birthday party, we had to go pick up his cake at HEB and there is a little bench like step to get to the ordering counter at the bakery where they keep the cake book and such. Well directly beside this little bench counter is a very nice display of beautifully decorated cakes that are specialty cakes. Well, while I was getting Jonah's cake into the buggy, Requay proceeded to reach over the glass window and stuck her little finger into one of the cakes!!! I spanked her and took off quickly, hoping that nobody saw her little fingers in the nicely decorated specialty cake because I really didn't want to buy the cake. SHE NEEDS TO STOP DOING THAT!!! (And it's not funny for those of you laughing!) :o)


Jonah's party went well and thank you for everyone who came to celebrate with us and for all the gifts that he received! We had a great time! The kids were exhausted when we finally left!

Quick Funnies:
One rainy morning as we were fixing to leave for school, Requay stood at the front door, with it wide open and said, "it's raining, we need our babrella!" Some people call them umbrellas.

The other day after picking up the kids, I put Requay in her car seat and she accidentally sat on her Barbie and said, "oh poor my Barbie!" She was quite concerned for the well being of her poor my Barbie! :o)

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this before in past blogs, but sometimes Jason calls Baby Girl "Springhead." I tell him not to call her that because I know EXACTLY what mine and Requay's hair does during the night causing us to sometimes appear to look like we may have springs protruding out of our heads! I used to get so embarrassed when I'd stay at my friends houses because it didn't matter what I did or how I slept, my hair would look like a wild woman in the morning! "Poor my Baby Girl"

Jonah has begun bringing home more homework since "Winter Break" or what I call Christmas holidays. They take pieces of paper and cut out some pictures of boys or girls doing things like jumping rope or reading a book. They glue these pictures to the pages and then write sentences about what the people are doing in the pictures. The sentences are all phonetic so it's sometimes hard to read, but you just have to read each letter the way it sounds in order to understand the sentence. The homework part: rewrite the sentence correctly using Mom and Dad's help and then write another original sentence to go along with the first sentence. Jonah's doing really well reading and writing. It's just hard to believe that he's already 6 and reading and writing....he's growing up way too fast!

Well, enough for this blog so happy reading and until the next blog, take care to all my loyal and dedicated readers. (Love you Dad!)

No comments: