Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Time Fun!

I know, I know, bad Mom...but if you think about it, I'm not really bad for not blogging, I'm just lazy! :o)

So anyway, let me see what I can say to catch things up from MEMORIAL DAY...gosh where has my head been?

Well beginning of summer was not too exciting, but the end of June, Jason and I went on vacation and the kids went on vacation with their Lito/Lita! I was a bit apprehensive about sending Baby Girl because she's never been away from her Mommy for a whole week before! I mean what's a girl to do without her Mommy?! Well, I guess it was all just me cause she didn't look back as she was waving us good-bye after dropping the kids off.....I knew Jonah would be perfectly fine cause he'd spent weeks at his Abuelitos before and he was ready to go! But my Baby Girl? My Baby? My "mini-me"? How would she do being away from her Mommy for a whole week with no hugs or kisses from me? So what...call me a paranoid Mom if you want to, but they're MY babies and I missed them!!! The kids didn't seem to miss a beat or us for that matter! Lito/Lita got them a new little pool to swim in (Lita couldn't find the one she got them last year) and they went to the State Aquarium and enjoyed all the fish there and they played and watched movies (they went to see Kung Fu Panda with their Aunt Kimby--I think it was to give my parents a much needed break but I doubt they'd ever admit that) Let's see what else did they do? They ate and pretty much got whatever they wanted at their Lito/Lita's.....if Jonah asked for a corn dog, they asked "from where" or if Baby Girl asked for a cookie, they asked "what kind and let's go get one!" Can you say S-P-O-I-L-E-D? Oh well, what are Abuelos for if they can't spoil their nietitos!

And where were Jason and I you might ask? Well, we were enjoying some much needed alone time! We went out to the lake and fished and swam and boated and ate and drank and bought a boat and swam some more and caught fish....it was great! The kids met up with us at the end of the week and we got to introduce them to Mommy's boat....yes, we bought a boat while vacationing! We had a blast swimming and fishing off the boat and checking out all the scenery!

And I guess the only other exciting news was the kids and their swim lessons. They were lessons for 2 weeks and did GREAT!! Jonah was in a bigger class this year that started out in the "big pool" and I was a bit concerned because on the first day, they called his name to go to the "level 1" class and all these kids that looked much bigger and older than Jonah walked up....I was for sure that I had signed him up for the wrong class! In fact, as I left the pool area, because they [the swim instructors] make all parents wait outside the fence to not distract the kids, I informed one of Jonah's swim teachers that Jonah may be in the wrong class since he had no idea how to swim! And the teacher told me, the paranoid-over-dramatic-mom that I am, that all the kids in Jonah's class were new to swimming and he'd be ok and that he was in the right class. I left the pool area thinking, "what does this little teenage girl that needs to hit puberty" know about my non-swimming little boy!!?? Much to my surprise though, Jonah turned into a little fish and learned how to kick, float, swim and he even got to go down the slide! He loved it!! We were so proud of how well he did!

And Baby Girl? Well, apparently she turns into a little mermaid when she hits the water! She is fearless, was the first in her class to go under water and jump from the edge of the pool, float and swim without holding on to anyone! She was in a parent/toddler class so her and I played together in the water....sometimes she would tell me to "let her down" which we were in like 4 foot of water and I'd let go, she'd sink, I'd pull her back up, and she'd say "again!" She was just amazing!! The other parents and her swim teachers couldn't believe she was only 2 years old! (She's very independent and adventurous...like her Daddy!)

And completely off the subject and on a sad note, my Dad's sister passed away at the beginning of July....so keep her family in your prayers!

Well, that's about it for summer so far.....I'm gonna try to blog more later and I may even post some pics too....now that should keep you coming back for more! So to all my loyal blog readers, Lita/Lito and scrapbook....thanks for tuning in and happy reading!

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

Yay! New blogs! LOVE THOSE BABIES!!