I don't really know where Jonah comes up with things, but he must hear them from somewhere like school I'm sure! Enjoy.....
The other day I was taking the kids to school and when we got to school, Jonah made this statement: "Old people run over birds." We were not talking about birds, had not seen birds, did not see old people or anything, but out of the blue, that is what he said. Who knows? :o)
And then last night, we were attempting to get Jonah in to bed because we are going to Lito/Lita's this weekend and we told him he needed his rest (and Mommy and Daddy had a million and one things to do before leaving.) I don't know if Jonah was just excited about going to see his Lito/Lita or what but at about 10:30 last night, when he was still "working on his crossword puzzle" [side story: he started working on crossword puzzles....he can't read but puts letters in the square boxes. It helps him with his letters!] So after telling Jonah probably like 42 times to go to sleep, he sits up and says, "How am I supposed to sleep when my tummy is empty and my mind if full?" First, I reminded him of the 2, yes 2, dos, one-two, dinners he ate last night....Requay and him shared a whole pizza which the majority of it was consumed by Jonah and then Jason and I had beans and cornbread and he needed a big bowl of that too with cornbread! I can already see our grocery bills growing! So after I reminded him of the mealS he ate for dinner I asked him what his "mind was full off?" And he told me, "it's full of candy and stuff" I'm not too sure he understands what the statement that he made actually means!
Like I said, I don't know where he comes up with some of this stuff, but it sure is nice blogging material!
Well, hope all you mothers out there have a great Mother's Day weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment