Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Oh me oh my...where to start! I really wish I had like a laptop or something that would just let me blog throughout the day wherever I am....maybe then I'd blog more! Anyhow, here we go....

Last Friday, the day before Mother's Day weekend, I went to pick up the kids at school and Jonah hands me this card.....I have to describe the card first so that you will understand. The card was made out of red construction paper and had glued glitter on the front that said "Happy Mother's Day" and then you open it up and there is a big heart glued on the inside and Jonah wrote, "I love you, Jonah." (Very cute and the perfect card for any mother.) So when he hands me the card, that he almost forgot, he handed it to me and said, "Happy Valentine's Day Mommy!" I guess the red card with the heart inside does kinda resemble a valentine's day card. I loved it and it was the best card he'd made me all year!! :o)

We headed down South to visit Lito/Lita for the weekend, just the kids and I because Jason had already headed down to work with Howard on some sort of farming equipment. So it was just me, the kids, and of course the little DVD player (what a life saver on road trips!) We were all doing fine until right before we hit Luling and Requay started getting fussy for no apparent reason, so I thought I'd stop and get us all milk shakes to enjoy while driving and watching movies. Good idea until Baby Girl decided to open hers and spill it all over herself! Ahhhhh!!!
So here I go cleaning up spilled milk shake, de-clothing Baby Girl, and attempting to stay as "sticky-free" as possible! What a mess!! Next time, I'll make sure Baby Girl's asleep before stopping for milk shakes!

We had a great time with Lito/Lita! We woke up early and headed to Corpus because Lito had his last deaconate class--forever!!! Yeah, Yippee, God lent us our Dad back! So while Lito was in class, the kids, Lita and I headed to Lita's school where they were having a little carnival thing...the kids played golf, volleyball and cowboy golf and we ate hot dogs! Then we met Aunt Kimby and her boyfriend for some shopping! I found the kids summer clothes cause they had still been wearing pants and long sleeve shirts to school! We all dosed some on the way home and then watched the movie "The Water Horse." The next day, we went to church and then went to eat and visit with my Mamo in the nursing home! (She was so pretty in her pink sweater and bonnet.....looked alike like what Baby Girl wears!) Jason met us there and when we left, we went home and the guys started BBQing and the girls (minus the little one) went shopping! Mom bought me some new clothes and shoes....it was so nice, like I still lived at home! (Boy, I sure do miss those days--and I thought my life was complicated then--whew!!!)

We didn't end up leaving until late that night just because I bathed the kids and got them into their pajamas for the ride home (I figured they'd sleep--and I was right.) We were pretty wiped out when we finally made it home, luckily though, Jason and I were able to follow each other home to keep each other awake!

The kids got me a heart rate monitor for mothers day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MY LOYAL MOTHER READERS!!!

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

You are a fabulous mommy!!