Monday, March 31, 2008

Time for Falling

Well, I'm not sure when the last time I blogged, but I know it's probably been a while and as usual....stuff has happened.....

So let's see--Baby Girl had a pretty good "run-in" with a block at school last week. I was called before 8am last Tuesday morning from the daycare telling me that a little boy, "Jonathan did it" as per Jonah, was throwing a "daddy block" to knock down a tower of blocks when the daddy block hit Requay in the forehead causing a huge gash in her upper right side of her forehead! IT WAS BEFORE 8AM AND I HAD JUST DROPPED MY BABIES OFF!!! So anyway, in my frantic, worried mother state, leave work just after finishing breakfast (I was working hard!) thinking in my head that my little baby girl is gonna have this huge scar with stitches in her head and of course thinking the worst! I got to school in record speed to find Baby girl playing and a butterfly band aid on her forehead. I took her home because luckily my Baby Sister was in town (she's not a baby anymore) and I picked her up and took her to the doctor to see if in fact she would need any kind of medical procedures. The doctor cleaned it out, checked her eyes and her balance and to my relief.....she needed neosporin and a band aid. whew.....I had picked up Jonah too cause I didn't want him to get hurt at school either so we went home and rested while I attempted to keep an ice pack on her forehead as per the doctor's instructions. (Yeah right, keep an ice pack on a 2-year old forehead for 2 minutes at a time every 5 minutes...what? did the doctor think that would actually work?) We did our best, but she had a pretty good goose egg bump on her head and it was really a nice shade of purplish-red!

Oh, she's fine now, but she did have her equilibrium a bit off and she probably fell about another 20 times just that day! And then on Friday, we went to pick the kids up and Baby Girl had just fallen off the slide on to, what else, her forehead! So she now has a plethora of little scratches on her forehead from all of her falls! Poor baby--I think she may have inherited some of her Mommy's accident proneness.

And as my best friend in 7th grade reminds me each year, we turned another year older! She claims that we're 34 now, but I keep telling her to do the math cause we were born in 1974 which would make us exactly 27 years young!! :o) I had a pretty good birthday day though....Nita bought me breakfast that morning and Belinda made me some Happy Birthday cupcakes and I had eaten about 4 times before lunch! And then when I got home, my wonderful husband had a dozen roses waiting for me with a chocolate cake and ice cream! Yummy!! I love my birthday and it's only 351 shopping days until my next birthday!! :o)

What else, oh you wanna know what Jonah is up to these days? Well, he is still just as good of a boy as he always has been but now he's starting to have a few moments where his attitude becomes a bit too much for his Mommy and Daddy to handle! And he HATES to sit in time out but from what my parents used to tell me....Life's not fair! He did mention yesterday that he can tell the poisonous snakes from the non-poisonous by the "Mr. Yuk" stickers on the bad ones! He's such a good kid!

We went house looking yesterday and Jonah kept saying "ok, if this house has a barn, we're gonna get it!" I don't believe he understands that we need to pay for it first. After we had looked at about 4 houses, we went to visit Pretty Girl, Jonah's horse who lives with his grandmother, Jason's Mom. Him and Requay got to ride Pretty Girl bareback and Requay did NOT want to get off after walking around a little. But Jonah was ready for her to get off because he kept saying, "Baby Girl, stop squeezing me so tight!" (She was riding behind Jonah and holding on to dear life while Daddy lead the horse and Mommy walked right beside them to avoid any more unnecessary falls!) I took pics but on my old time camera...you know the ones that use film. I'll try to get them on disc to put them on the blog.

Well, that's about it for now.....keep my Mamo, my grandmother on my Mom's side, in your prayers....she is ready to go home to live with God and it's gonna be a rough road for the rest of us!

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

Can I just say that I love your blog? Allen had a tumble out of a wagon and now he has a big gash and a black eye. Poor babies!